Monday 21 March 2011

My Top Ten WWE Pay- Per- Views

So I used to enjoy the WWE back when it was called the WWF, and seeing as I'm making all these top ten lists, I thought I'd do one on my favourite WWE/F pay-per-views. So here it is.

1. Wrestlemani X7. It had a lot of really good matches. The tables, ladders and chairs match was crazy. The Undertaker vs Triple H was a good match. Angle vs Benoit was quality wrestling. The undercard was great and the main event between Stone Cold and The Rock was awesome. Even Shane vs Vince wasn't too bad. All in all it was as close to the perfect pay-per-view as they can get.

2.Survivor Series 1998. Some people really enjoy this one but others think there was way too much drama and not enough wrestling. Personally I thought it was great and the way they built it up to the double turn of Mick Foley and The Rock was good booking.

3. Wrestlemania VI. I don't remember too much about this one. I do however remember the Ultimate Warrior Vs Hulk Hogan showdown and it seemed like the best shit in the world when i was 6 years old. Oh yeah and piper coming out painted half black was pretty funny.

4. Royal Rumble 92. This was probably the best actual 30 man royal rumble, I don't think the matches before it were that great but the actual rumble was awesome viewing. It was loaded from 1-30, barely had any jobbers and Hogan pulled out Sid, so Rick flair won the rumble and the WWF championship. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO

5. Royal Rumble 1990. This pretty much gets on here because I enjoyed the 30 man royal rumble. I Don't remember any of the other matches on the card to be honest. But I remember the rumble featured Hogan and The Warriors first showdown. They stared each other down, criss crossed the ring, then double clotheslined each other and laid each other out in the ring. Then hulk hogan helped eliminate the Warrior and went on to win it.

6. Survivor Series 1989. This is the first ever WWF pay-per-view I ever watched, so it's on here mostly due to nostalgia. I enjoyed most of the matches, but the Hogan match was a bit weak with all the disqualifications. The Warrior kicking ass at the end was great.

7. Royal Rumble 1998. I really enjoyed The Rock VS Mick Foley's I quit match and thought the ending was pretty creative. The rumble its self was quite good with everyone waiting for Stone Cold when his music hit, then him coming out from the crowd and catching everyone by surprise and whooping ass and eliminating some jobbers in the process.

8. Wrestlemania VII. I really enjoyed this wrestlemania, maybe it's because I watched it when I was 7 and I don't remember it that well. The career ending match between The ultimate warrior and Macho Man was great and the rest of the card put on solid to entertaining matches. The main event dragged out a bit too long but other than that it was a really good event.

9. Survivor Series 1990. I like this one for two reasons, The Texas Tornado was in it and he kicked ass and the match at the end with all the survivors from the previous matches. With Hogan and the Warrior eventually defeating the bad guys and winning the grand finale.

10. Wrestlemania X9. The Rock VS Stone Cold. About it really

No comments:

Post a Comment