Monday 21 March 2011

Why 80s Action Movies are the best.

 

I really miss 80s action movies. They were full of ass kicking, cigar smoking badasses who just blew stuff up and beat the crap out of their enemies . They were not hung up on being politically correct or offending some bored skanky housewife whose life is so empty she needs to write letters about everything that offends her. No, they were just full macho dudes kicking the crap out of people. I miss the days when Bruce, Dolph, Arnie and Sly were at their peak and making awesome movies, well ok Dolphs movies might not have been that awesome but they were cool in a cheesy kind of way and some were pretty good. I mean I know all of those guys are still making movies, but it's like watching my grandpa trying to look badass these days, it's a little depressing. Instead of bowing out when they were still on top, they hung around forever and ruined their legacies by making crappy sequels to their great predecessors.

Granted there's been some decent action movies in the last decade, but damn in the 80s it seemed like there were 10 good ones every year. Some of the best action movies ever are Rambo, Rocky, The Running Man, The Terminator, Bloodsport, Best Of The Best, Predator, Die Hard and they're all from the 80s . Now days when I watch an action movie, I can barely remember what it was about 24 hours after viewing it. Yet i can watch most of the action movies from the 1980s at least twice per year and they never seem to get old. I can watch a rocky montage to some awesome 80s tune over and over and I can watch him beat the crap out of Ivan Drago a million times and it never gets old. I can watch Arnie take down a killer alien over and over and its still awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment